Friday, September 04, 2015

My 30 Minute Preemie Hat to Crochet




After trying Teresa's 10 minute preemie hat and having problems and ripping it twice, I modified it to get it to work for me, this is my modified version of Teresa's 10 minute preemie hat. This version (should) fit a large preemie.

My version takes me about 30 minutes, which is fast for me to make a hat.

Materials; 2 strands of baby yarn held together(such as Softee Baby or Baby Soft), G hook. (1 strand will make a slightly smaller preemie size)

Ch 3
Rnd 1: 12 dc in 3rd chain from the hook, join with a sl st to beginning ch 3.

Rnd 2: Ch 2, dc in same stitch as ch 2, 2 dc in each stitch around, join with sl st to beginning ch 2.

Rnd 3: Ch 2, dc in same stitch as ch 2, *1 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch*, repeat around, join with sl st to beginning ch 2.


Rnd 4-7: Ch 2, dc in each dc around, join with sl st to beginning ch 2.

Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in each dc around, join with sl st to beginning ch 1, fasten off. Weave in ends.

Teresa's original version is here: www.bevscountrycottage.com/teresa-hat.html

Please be sure to make one for charity.

No comments: